Makes 4 servings
Makes 4 servings
Start to finish: 35 min
½ pound brown rice pasta
⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
½ cup capers, rinsed and dried
8 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
8 good-quality anchovy fillets
¼ teaspoon red-pepper flakes
Three 5-ounce cans olive-oil-packed tuna, oil drained and discarded
⅓ cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
Juice of 1 large lemon
½ cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
1. Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook according to the package instructions until al dente, about 8 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet set over high heat, warm the olive oil. Add the capers and pan-fry, stirring once or twice, until crispy, about 2 minutes. (Be careful; the capers tend to pop a bit in the oil.) Using a slotted spoon, transfer the capers to a small plate and set aside.
3. Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the garlic, anchovies and red-pepper flakes to the oil in the skillet. Cook, stirring constantly, until the anchovies have dissolved into the oil, the garlic is just beginning to brown and the entire mixture is fragrant, about 4 minutes.
4. Add the tuna and olives to the skillet, and stir to break the tuna into bite-size pieces and coat it with the garlic-anchovy mixture. Pour the lemon juice over the mixture and stir until it just comes together and the tuna is warmed through and barely beginning to brown at the edges, 2 minutes longer. Remove the skillet from the heat and add the reserved capers and parsley. (At this point, your pasta should be done cooking and drained.)
5. Divide the pasta among four plates or bowls. Divide the tuna mixture over each portion and serve immediately.