I love getting emails from websites that have cool ideas. One of my favorite though is this website called Purewow. They send me emails from different kinds of clothes to wear on specific events, to crazy food that tastes super good.
I got this one email today on Greek Yogurt. With an Indian spin to it.
I read through it and it sounded good! It looks good too~
So I decided to post it on our blog to show it to my chickeneers the goodies that you can try at home when you feel like you want something ethnic but sweet~
What you need are:
- 1 cup of plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon of ground tandoori spice mix
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1 cup of all-natural granola
- 1 cup of finely chopped fresh fruit(s) of your choice
- 1 cup of freeze-dried fruit
- 8 small basil leaves torn or chopped (optional)
- 8 small mint leaves torn or chopped (optional)
How to make it:
- Divide the yogurt among four small serving bowls (or you can put it all into one~)
- Place the small skillet over low heat and toast the tandoori spice mix until they are very fragrant, which is about 3 minutes (I like to heat the skillet first over high heat then lower it to low and then throw in the tandoori spice mix so they can cook better)
- Remove mix from the skillet and stir in the honey until well mixed
- Drizzle in 1 tablespoon of the spiced honey over the yogurt in the bowl(s)
- Add the granola and the fruit(if you are making 4 bowls then divide them evenly) to the yogurt
- Garnish the serving(s) with mint and basil (if you are using it) and serve IMMEDIATELY
I haven’t tried it yet because I haven’t gone grocery shopping yet but I do think this sounds great and will try it when I get the chance! I hope you enjoy it!